Sunday 21 January 2007

How to subscribe

It's occurred to me that not everyone who wants to know about German grammar knows what you need to do to download a podcast onto their iPod or any other type of MP3 player, so I thought I'd better make sure the instructions were in my blog. If you happen not to use iTunes, then I'm afraid you'll have to just use these instructions as a rough guide, as I only know how to use iTunes in detail. If anyone knows how to use the other programs, could you add a note to comments to say if it's very different? I can always add more information to the blog.

  • The first thing you have to do is click the link up in the top left-hand corner of this blog that says subscribe to my feed.
  • This will take you to http://feeds.feedburner.com/germangrammarpod
  • On the right-hand side, simply click Add to iTunes
  • Then open up iTunes in your computer
  • German GrammarPod will appear under Podcasts (you can get to that page by using the menu on the left hand side)
  • Plug your iPod (or other MP3 player) into your computer via a USB port
  • Your iPod/MP3 player will appear in the menu on the left. Drag episodes of German GrammarPod across to your iPod/MP3 player in the menu.

Alternatively, instead of simply clicking Add to iTunes, you can:

  • Copy the web address shown in feedburner (the one on the right, under the Add to iTunes button)
  • Open up iTunes
  • In the menu across the top click Advanced,
  • then Subscribe to Podcast...
  • then add the web address (also known as a URL) to the window that appears
  • then click OK

After that, it's the same as if you'd clicked the Add to iTunes button.

Deleting Podcasts

After I've listened to a podcast, I like to delete it from my iPod. I do that by going into the podcasts part of my iPod in iTunes, using the menu on the left of iTunes. I left click the podcast once, then click the Delete button on my keyboard, to get rid of it from my iPod. If I want it back, I just download it again from my computer, as I've got my iTunes set up to hang onto my podcast downloads unless I decide to get rid of them.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Anyone interested in seeing my translation company can visit it by clicking here

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com